Takeaway box left on hob causes fire in Halifax

editorial image

Firefighters were called to Halifax after a takeaway box left on a hob had caught fire yesterday (Monday).

The incident happened at an address on Paddock Lane, Norton Tower, at 4.15pm.

By the time the crew from Halifax Station had arrived the occupants had managed to extinguish the fire.

The crew secured the area.

The occupants had no working smoke detectors and were only alerted to the fire by the smell of burning.

To book a free home fire safety check which includes fitting smoke detectors, call 0800 5874536.