Rastrick firefighters helped to extinguish a house fire which left a teenager suffering with burns.
Crews from Huddersfield and Rastrick were called to a kitchen fire at Colne Hurst, Deighton, Huddersfield at around 8.30pm last night.
A 17-year-old man suffered burns to his right hand and was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary after being treated on the scene by an ambulance.
Firefighter Shaw of Rastrick station said: “We were there for approximately an hour attending to a kitchen fire.
“Smoke alarms were activated and I would use the incident to remind people of their importance.”
He said he believed the fire had been caused by cooking.