Old Boys hoping weather will relent
Brighouse Old Boys return to West Riding Challenge Cup action against Ryburn United on Saturday (1.00), weather permitting.
Old Boys take on a side third in the Halifax and District League Premier Division and manager Phil Garbe knows it will be a tough ask.
Should it be called off, and things didn’t look good in midweek, the third round tie will take preference for the following Saturday.
New striker Lee Burgess, who was unavailable last week against his old team AFC Field, could be cuptied.
If he can’t play then he will be available for the reserves in their West Riding County Trophy game at home to Campion Reserves (1.00).
Garbe was disappointed at last weekend’s draw with Field and believes playing back to back cup ties had taken its toll.
“They went down to 10 men early when their keeper was sent off and we relaxed thinking it would be easy. However, they lifted their game,” he said.
The Reserves had a very good win over Robin Hood while the third team lost 4-3 at Locomotiv Cowcliffe and have now dropped to third in Division Four.
They are away to 3D Dynamos on Saturday (2.15).
- Championship 2013/14 fixtures: The big dates for Leeds United and Huddersfield Town
- Big investment for Jacob’s Lazy Camper company
- Football League Championship 2013/14 fixtures: Leeds start at home to Brighton, Huddersfield travel to Forest
- Talks over derelict pub hit stalemate
- Police helciopter called to Wyke
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Comic, Jack Carroll, on tonight’s live show of Britain’s Got Talent
- Pensioner jailed for sex abuse charges dating back more than three decades.
- The Great St Matthew’s Bake Off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East