The roof of a house in Lightcliffe has been completely destroyed by fire.
Fire crews from Brighouse and Odsal together with the combined aerial rescue pump from Halifax and the aerial ladder platform from Bradford attended the blaze at Pear Tree Close in the early hours of this morning.
When the crews arrived at 3.30am the roof was engulfed in flames. They used two hose reels to tackle the blaze and returned from the scene shortly after 8am today (Monday).
It is believed the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.
A spokesman from the fire service said: “All the roof was totally involved when we arrived and we have had to strip it off to make sure it hadn’t spread elsewhere.”
Two people were inside at the time of the blaze but were alerted by a burglar alarm.