Man rescued from Huddersfield house fire

editorial image

A man was rescued from a house fire in Huddersfield in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

Crews from Huddersfield and Brighouse were called to a property in Church Lane, Moldgreen, at around 12.30am after the occupier rang to say he was trapped.

Fire survival guidance was given to the man by a Fire Control Operatior until firefighters arrived.

He was then rescued from the first floor bedroom of the property and taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.

A West Yorkshire Fire Serice spokesperson said that smoke detectors were fitted in the house, but were not working.

One hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation van were used at the scene.