Video: Snow disruption
Calderdale Council says it will continue to clear main roads as much as possible.
The team will continue to do so until the snow stops. A snow clearing programme will then begin to remove as much snow as possible where drifting has occurred on Calderdale’s main roads.
The snow has also caused disruption to several Council services. Some libraries are closed; please check by calling the library to make sure it is open. Shibden and Bankfield Museums are both closed today due to the volume of snow in the car parks and to the entrances of the sites.
Leisure Centres across Calderdale are open as usual but some activities and classes have been cancelled due to teachers not being able to get to the centres. Please be aware that access to the car parks may be limited due to the volume of snow.
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Calderdale Heritage walks reveal estate’s historic past
- Former RAF man drank 12 pints before London Marathon
- Police investigate indecent exposure incidents in Brighouse
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 32 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North