DCSIMG

Two people rescued from fire

Firefighters rescued a five-month-old boy and a 28-year-old woman after a fire at a flat in Rastrick this morning.

A blaze in the oven led to smoke flooding the flat at Arncliffe Crescent at around 1.30am.

Firefighters said the woman had put a grill pan in the oven and then fallen asleep.

When crews from Elland and Brighouse arrived, they found her unconscious and the baby in another room.

They carried both out to be treated by paramedics before they were bot htaken to Calderdale Royal Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The fire damaaged the oven but did not spread.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page