Three accidents in an hour cause traffic chaos
THREE accidents in just over an hour brought Brighouse to a standstill with further delays caused by collisions on the M62.
Police received reports of crashes at the bottom of Wakefield Road, Brighouse, Highmoor Lane, Clifton, and Walton Lane, Scholes, and there were several lanes still closed on the M62 after an accident at Outlane.
Motorists faced long tailbacks as they made their way home from work on Friday evening.
The first of the accidents in Brighouse was outside the Armytage Arms in Highmoor Lane and involved a silver Renault Clio. No one is believed to have been injured in the accident that happened at around 1.50pm. A passerby stopped to help the female driver.
At 1.40pm police were called to a unit on the Armytage Road Industrial estate, Brighouse, to an ongoing burglary. Officers attended and the white Ford Transit van sped off. He later collided with the two police vehicles on Wakefield Road, Brighouse, outside Subway restaurant.
Three officers suffered minor injuries, with one of them believed to have suffered an eye injury caused by a shard of glass. Two men from the van were arrested on suspicion of burglary and dangerous driving. Inquiries are ongoing.
A motorcyclist is believed to have suffered serious injuries after an accident at the junction of Walton Lane and Halifax Road, on the way out of Clifton.
The accident between the bike and a van happened at 2.30pm. Yorkshire Air Ambulance was called and the biker was taken to hospital.
Due to the accident at Outlane motorist travelling on the westbound carriageway of the M62 faced huge tailbacks as far as Hartshead Moor Services.
Police were forced to shut the entire M62 after a large van clipped the central reservation, shedding its load of Lucozade bottles and cans, on to the entire carriageway.
The driver of the van was not hurt during the incident that happened at around 11.20am. The motorway re-opened fully shortly after 3pm.
Motorists faced further delays on Tuesday after two accidents on the M62. Four drivers escaped injury after an accident on the eastbound carriageway at junction 27 Birstall at 1.55pm. And on the westbound carriageway at 3pm there was an accident involving two vehicles between junctions 26 and 27.
- Championship 2013/14 fixtures: The big dates for Leeds United and Huddersfield Town
- Big investment for Jacob’s Lazy Camper company
- Football League Championship 2013/14 fixtures: Leeds start at home to Brighton, Huddersfield travel to Forest
- Talks over derelict pub hit stalemate
- Police helciopter called to Wyke
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Comic, Jack Carroll, on tonight’s live show of Britain’s Got Talent
- Pensioner jailed for sex abuse charges dating back more than three decades.
- The Great St Matthew’s Bake Off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east