Smoke alarm alerts neighbour to grill pan fire in Brighouse
A man was woken by the sound of his neighbour hammering on his door in Brighouse this morning because his grill pan was on fire.
The man had left some meat cooking under the grill and then fallen asleep at his home on Crowtrees Lane at around 12.35am.
When the meat caught fire, his smoke alarm went off but he did not wake.
Fortunately, his neighbour heard the alarm, rang firefighters and woke him up banging on the door.
Firefighters said the house was filled with smoke but only the grill pan was damaged. The man inside was not hurt.
For a free home fire safety check including the fitting on smoke alarms contact West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service on 01274 682311.
- Championship 2013/14 fixtures: The big dates for Leeds United and Huddersfield Town
- Big investment for Jacob’s Lazy Camper company
- Football League Championship 2013/14 fixtures: Leeds start at home to Brighton, Huddersfield travel to Forest
- Talks over derelict pub hit stalemate
- Police helciopter called to Wyke
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Comic, Jack Carroll, on tonight’s live show of Britain’s Got Talent
- Pensioner jailed for sex abuse charges dating back more than three decades.
- The Great St Matthew’s Bake Off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: East