Dad cleared of robbing Brighouse cabbie
A father-of-one has been cleared by a jury of robbing a Brighouse cabbie in a late-night attack last year.
Richard Powe, 25, of Aysgarth Avenue, Lightcliffe, had denied being the passenger who punched 43-year-old Iftikhar Muhammad in the face and stole his night’s takings and a mobile phone during the incident in April.
After two days of evidence a jury at Bradford Crown Court took just an hour to reach their unanimous not guilty verdict on the robbery allegation.
The judge also made a defence costs order in favour of Powe.
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Calderdale Heritage walks reveal estate’s historic past
- Former RAF man drank 12 pints before London Marathon
- Police investigate indecent exposure incidents in Brighouse
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 33 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North