Cuts to Customer First
The number of days the Customer First office in Brighouse is open could be reduced.
The proposed hours put forward for the office based at Brighouse Civic Hall, Bradford Road, are open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9.30am until 4.30pm with an hour’s closure for lunch.
On January 28, members of Calderdale Council’s Cabinet, gave approval for a 90-day consultation to start into the proposed hours and times for the offices throughout the district.
And although plans are to reduce the number of days from five to three in Brighouse, Wendy Brough, Customer First manager, said that people will still be able to access the services.
She said there would be a self payment cash kiosk which is similar to a cash machine at a bank. The machine will be manned by a member of staff to ease people through the procedure.
People use the office to pay council tax, report missed waste collections, apply for blue badges and other council business.
“I have seen the machines used in Bradford and really are very straight forward,” she said. “They will accept card payments and cash payments as long as the bill has a barcode on it and they will give you change.
Ms Brough said that the staff would start at 9.30am so that they could sort out the machine and the other equipment and the same for the 4.30pm closure.
The consultation will run until April 29 and people can comment by email, telephone or write to Ms Brough.
- Championship 2013/14 fixtures: The big dates for Leeds United and Huddersfield Town
- Big investment for Jacob’s Lazy Camper company
- Football League Championship 2013/14 fixtures: Leeds start at home to Brighton, Huddersfield travel to Forest
- Talks over derelict pub hit stalemate
- Police helciopter called to Wyke
- GCSE results for Brighouse High
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Comic, Jack Carroll, on tonight’s live show of Britain’s Got Talent
- Pensioner jailed for sex abuse charges dating back more than three decades.
- The Great St Matthew’s Bake Off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: East