Clients evacuated in Hipperholme salon fire

Fire crews at Charisma salon, Hipperholme

Fire crews at Charisma salon, Hipperholme

1
Have your say

A Hipperholme hairdresser’s staff and clients were evacuated as the busineses exterior signage caught fire.

Brighouse and Odsal fire crews attended the fire at Charisma Hairdressers, Leeds Road, at 11.30am this morning (January 31).

Fire crews from Brighouse said the minor wood fire was caused due to an electrical fault with the salon’s signage.

Staff and customers were evacuated for thirty minutes until the flames were extinguished and it was safe to return.

Charisma employee Leah said staff and clients, who were having their hair done at the time, were “shocked” by the fire but business is now back to normal.

Major disruption has been caused to the flow of traffic in Hipperholme this morning following this incident and an earlier RTC - full story of vehicle crash is online at the Courier.