Air conditioner catches fire at Halifax town centre nightclub

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a Halifax nightclub today after an air conditioner caught fire.

Pumps from Halifax and Illingworth fire stations were sent to The Acapulco Club in Waterhouse Street just after 4pm on Tuesday.

Acapulco nightclub, Waterhouse Street, Halifax

Acapulco nightclub, Waterhouse Street, Halifax

The club was closed and no one is understood to have been injured.

This picture of the blaze was taken by Danish Malik.

The Acapulco posted a message on their Facebook page after the blaze saying:

“We would like to inform all of our customers that Acapulco will be open as normal this weekend.

“We would like to place on record our thanks to Halifax Fire Service for there quick response to reports of a fire, as well as Halifax police for assisting the fire brigade.

“The fast response of our emergency services have helped the UKs (Maybe the world’s) oldest nightclub continue for many years to come.

“We thank everyone for there concern.”